|Ingredients are nestled in a ramekin after being sauteed in garlic and olive oil.|
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 2 garlic cloves, crushed
· 10 oz. fresh spinach
· 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
· 2 Tbsp minced onion
· 2 eggs
· Salt and pepper
· Paprika or Shredded Parmesan, sprinkle as garnish
· Preheat oven to 360.
· To a large skillet or saucepan, add the olive oil and saute the garlic for a minute, before adding the spinach. Toss the spinach around for a minute, then add the diced tomatoes. Toss together and then add the minced onion. Let simmer until most of the liquid has cooked off, about 5-7 minutes.
· Place the sauteed spinach into an ovenproof, creating divets for the eggs. Crack 1 egg into each hole.
· Bake the spinach and eggs for about 12-15 minutes, or until egg whites have turned white.
· Once cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle with salt and pepper and paprika or Parmesan. I used Parmesan cheese and it was delicious!
|Courtesy of 5 dollar dinners.|