Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bama

Last week I went to the deep south for the first time. Here, I had thought I was in the deep south all along, but my Nashville friends explained that Alabama is the deep south (and I might need a translator). I really enjoyed going to Birmingham and then visiting the University of Alabama - where we toured the football stadium. 
roll tide!
Mussels for lunch at Chez Fon Fon - amazing.
Beef carpaccio at Bottega.
and aracini - insanely delicious.
I do have a recipe to share - a cous cous & wheat berry salad. My friend Jill had dinner at her house last week and everything was delicious! This is a light and easy side.
2 cups cooked cous cous
1 cups cooked wheat berries
1/2 large red onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled & diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup Craisins
1/3 cup almonds, sliced & toasted
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1/3 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup EVOO
3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
fair amount of course salt and fresh ground pepper
1/3 or so cup goat cheese, crumbled
Whisk vinegar, oil, syrup and S&P in bowl. Combine all other ingredients (except goat cheese) in large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over salad. If it seems a bit dry you can make a bit more dressing or add some EVOO. Top with goat cheese.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment