Thursday, March 28, 2013

extra dirty, dry, vodka martini - up

a classic and a fav.
Senior year of college, there was a swanky martini bar called Alto, about two blocks from our house. Being above the Pittsburgh Deli Company, it was quite out of place, but my friends and I loved it. This is where I met the Extra Dirty Martini.
About 1/3 shot glass dry vermouth
3 shots chilled vodka
1 1/2 shots olive juice 
Shake with ice like life depends on it...
Essential shaker and metal cup, martini glass (fill with ice and water to chill the glass),  Trader Joe's Garlic-Stuffed Olives, Tribuno Extra Dry Vermouth (the cheapest), Ketal One Vodka (pricey - in truth, I only have this in the house for my parents...with my dirty martinis I usually use Smirnoff or Absolute).
You should still be shaking...seeking for ice-bits. Strain into the glass (use the glass shaker and metal cup to let the liquid and ice chips fall in but not the ice cubes). 
Chin-chin! I hear in Japanese this toast is rather dirty! Like our martinis.
Garnish with an olive and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment