I jazzed it up a bit and served the tuna over steamed baby bok choi, bell peppers and green onion with a ginger and garlic tipping sauce.
|Tuna was on sale for 9.99/lb at Teeter!|
- For the tuna marinade:
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 4 table spoons dry wasabi powder
- 1 pounds tuna loin, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 reserved marinade
- 1 teaspoon back brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 head of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 colorful bell peppers
4 small heads of baby bok choi
2 green onions
- Mix all ingredients together and reserve about 1/3 of it for the dipping sauce. Marinate tuna in a shallow container for a few hours in the refrigerator. Turn once if the marinade doesn't cover the entire fish. On a plate, lay the sesame seeds. Roll the tuna in the seeds to evenly coat.
- Brush a grill pan lightly with olive oil and heat on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot place the tuna on the pan and do not move! Sear on each side for 1.5 minutes for rare tuna.
- Slice the vegetables thinly and place in a bamboo steamer basket (over a wok with steaming water). Steam vegetables for about 10 minutes until tender. A delicious and healthy dinner!