- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (3-ounces each) chicken cutlets
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- about a tablespoons cut into pieces
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil.
Heat a heavy large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
|I used thin chicken cutlets; if you use breasts, I would suggest pounding them a bit.|
Spoon the sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle mozzarella over each cutlet, then sprinkle Parmesan over each. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.