Tuesday, February 7, 2012

home is where the heart is

I had a few recruiting events in DC and NYC last week and was able to hit some great restaurants and see family and friends. Trips always go to fast, but highlights include...
Afternoon beers with my friend and mentor Jen M., dinner at Quinto Quatro with my parents, and Sunday brunch at Pastis, where I saw Rose Byrn from Bridesmaides!
We had a bang connection - it was amazing.
I wrapped up the weekend in Hershey with an overnight at my parent's house. We watched E.T. and ate takeout from Houlihan's perfect. I definitely missed Vance over the long weekend - as my dad says, home really is where the heart is. On Monday I was able to take one of my best out for her birthday breakfast! Happy Birthday Mersy! Another wonderful part of the weekend was seeing two of my favorite puppies.
Mer's puppy, Bear.
My love - Cleo.
The saddest parts were leaving my parents at the airport (always a bummer) and coming home to an empty apartment as Vance is working nights this week. I decided to make him a spinach and feta quiche for his lunch.
4 eggs

1/2 cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream

1/4 C. Skim Milk

1pkg Spinach (10oz), thawed and drained

4 oz Feta cheese, finely crumbled

1 Prepared 9" pie crust
small onion sliced
2 tablespoons butter
small tomato
Preheat oven to 350
Thaw spinach and pie crust.
Sauteed onion in butter for about 15 minutes, add in spinach and saute with salt and pepper.
Whisk sour cream, milk, and eggs until smooth (works best if sour cream and milk are mixed first and then eggs are added).
Add spinach, onions and feta cheese to the egg mixture and stir briefly.
Pour into pie crust and top with sliced tomato.
Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes -
quiche is done when knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment