Sunday, February 19, 2012

sunday chicken.

This weekend was super busy as it was Owen's Discover Weekend for prospective students. We had our wrap up event at Bound'ry in Nashville and then Vance and I met up with some friends for drinks. Today I gathered my coupons and did our weekly shopping. I don't want to brag or anything (smile!) but I saved about $45.00 in coupons and specials! Getting my receipt from the cashier is now my favorite part of shopping because I love hearing how much I saved! I also hit up Ann Taylor's winter sale today and found this lovely red silk shirt (also around $45 on final sale - it's like I broke even)!
Rolled Sleeve Camp Shirt via Ann Taylor
For dinner tonight I wanted to use some leftover herbs in a chicken dish. I made a Food & Wine recipe for an herb chicken dish. I switched up the herbs a bit and used fresh Italian parsley and Rosemary. It was flavorful and delicious. 
Chicken with parsley and rosemary.
I also made some brussel sprouts (via Ina Garten), which Vancer loves! They are easy and are a beautiful green hue.
Toss with some EVOO and S&P, roast at 400 degrees for roughly 30-35 minutes.
Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment