Thursday, April 5, 2012

escape to pennsylvania

Vance and I took a trip to PA this past week for some serious family, fun & food time. It was great seeing our parents, siblings and Vance's grandparents.
Mom and Dad Clark
My parents out-did themselves with cocktails and amazing dishes including my dad's grilled BBQ chicken and my mom's mouth-watering lamb lollipop chops (recipe to come)! I was able to see some of my girlfriends, drinks at Houlihan's with 
Jen and Robyn...
Flight of vodka cocktails - cosmo, guavatini & lemon drop.
and a fantastic brunch with Mer at On Orange in Lancaster. I had an omelet with spicy Indian chutney and sharp cheddar - so good!
Vance and I enjoyed a relaxing lunch at Breads 'n Cheese too. I had Diane's Shrimp Pasta Salad (secret recipe) and Vance had an deconstructed BLT.

An open-faced, BLT is made on rye-pumpernickel swirl bread with Russian dressing on each slice, top with arugula, tomato, bacon and fried eggs. So delicious! Our trip went so quickly, but we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment